Wednesday 11 October 2017

A Window Under the Sea

Hello and happy Wednesday!

I'm back with a colourful mermaid window card this week. It's been a long couple of weeks at work and I needed some colouring therapy, so this background gave me the perfect opportunity to sit down and escape for a while.



I started by stamping the sitting mermaid from the MFT Mermazing stamp set with some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid ink, creating a mask for her so I could stamp the rock underneath. I also masked the rock so I could stamp the MFT Wavy Coloring Book Background. I then spent a happy half an hour colouring it all in with my alcohol markers before trimming it down to A6 size.

To make the card base, I took a top folding A6 card base and adhered my coloured panel to the inside. I then used the second largest die from the MFT Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Dienamics to cut a window from the front of the card, making made sure to align this with the mermaid so she would be seen through the window. I adhered some acetate to the back of the front panel so I had a little window card looking through to an undersea grotto.



I cut out a few more circles of varying sizes and inked them up with colours that coordinated with my coloured background. I arranged them on the front panel so they looked a little like bubbles and stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Sea set.

Thanks for stopping by, see you next Wednesday.

Tallie


    


3 comments:

  1. This is stunning. Didn't buy the mermaid set as I don't have young children anymore, but I'm seriously tempted now (to buy the set, not have more children!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what wonderful colouring! WOW !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team