Friday 4 August 2017

Vintage Folksy Florals

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm  channelling my folksy side...


...by creating some vintage folksy florals using Waflle Flower's Bear and Bird.


I've been on a bit of a 'good girl' kick recently, trying to get more use out of the stamp sets I already own before buying any new ones (...it never lasts...), so I've been going through my stash and trying to look past the obvious to see what designs jump out at me, and this is where this gorgeous Bird and Bear set took me.  The set is full of flower and foliage clusters so I decided to create a card using only them.


It was a really simple card to make but I really like how it came out, it reminds me of the folksy paintings you find all over narrow boats.

I started by stamping out the middle banner leaving the space free for me to add my sentiment later.  I then masked that off and went to town stamping all the the pretty flowers, leaves and hearts etc all over and around my panel taking care to make the design symmetrical.  I stamped everything out in a very light ink so that, when coloured, it would appear as if there was no stamped line there.  I then coloured the whole thing using colouring pencils.  I used pencils as I thought the effect would wok really well with the look I was going for.


Once all my elements were coloured, I added my sentiment into the banner in black ink and clear heat embossed.  I then decided the design would look more authentic if it looked a little worn, so I blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges and across my panel.

I added a wrap of twine to finish of my design, and mounted my panel onto a kraft card base and there you have it.


I really hope you like it and it encourages you to take a more in-depth look at your sets and see what jumps out at you beyond the obvious :)

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx

Bear & Bird  Small Cross Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team