Sunday 20 August 2017

Mini Shaker

Good morning all - hope you're having a fabulously crafty weekend.  I'm continuing on my mission to have enough Christmas cards to send this year so have a little shaker card to share today using the new Avery Elle release again.


I've used Avery Elle's Warm Wishes stamp and taken the smaller jar and created a mini scene inside.  I stamped it with a pale grey ink and then masked over it whilst I stamped the snowflakes and sentiments using the new Deep Blue Seas inks from AlteNew.  To create the window for the shaker I used a craft knife to cut inside the lines and around the bow.

I then stamped my scene again on the front of my base card and coloured it in.  I wanted to add some metallics so used the red and green metallic pens from Kuretake on the bow, tree and church door.  I added some dimension with crystal drops for the snow (we are expecting restocks soon!) and just finished with a light watercolour wash on everything else.


I used some thin foam tape around the jar and made sure there were no gaps by blocking the corners with a little wet glue.  Once dry I added a little bit of white glitter so we have a very thin and subtle shaker - I was going for a snow globe feel as that's what the jars reminded me of.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

There will be a lot of new stock in the store this week.
  • We've just received our delivery of Hero Arts so will have that live in the next couple of days (there are over 100 new items to add so it takes a long time to do!)
  • Our Lawn Fawn delivery is in transit - so other than any issues with customs clearance we should have the entire new release (and some restocks) available on Thursday when they release it in the USA.
  • We also have some new paper, embossing and stencil and embellishment collections from My Minds Eye and Echo Park which will be online this week.
  • We will have some tonic restocks coming soon including drops and pastes and hope to have them in early September.  We have finally managed to secure some more stamping platforms from their "next available shipment"   Sadly that won't be until sometime in October!
Catch you next weekend.

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team