Tuesday 7 February 2017

Fairytale Pop-Up

Hello, Gemma here with a pop-up fairytale card to share.

With three nieces, the MFT Once Upon a Time stamp set was a must have for me! I decided to make a pop-up card for a fun surprise when the card is opened. It took a little more time to put together, but I'm really pleased with the end result.


I started by stamping and colouring three of the images from the Once Upon a Time stamp set. I used colouring pencils (my current favourite colouring medium), then fussy cut them out. Some of you in the know may have spotted the pony is Pinky Pie, from My Little Pony. This is my eldest niece's favourite, so I thought she'd enjoy seeing her featured on the card.

For the background, I created some stencils from the Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud dies, then blended on some MFT pink and purple inks to create a pretty cloudy sky. I used an MFT Grassy Hills border to create the grass, using MFT ink again to blend on colour.

I ran the background and grass through my die cut machine with a scalloped rectangle die and attached to a card base. I then added the images on top.

For the inside, I die cut a rainbow and added ink to each piece. I used some tape to put it back together and some card at the back to make it sturdier. I added two die cut clouds to the rainbow.



I cut a piece of card slightly smaller than the card base and scored in the middle. I blended on the same sky detail as the front of the card. Using the MFT Pop-Up Elements, I cut two pop-ups and attached the rainbow to them. There are both narrow and wide pop-up element dies available so I'll add links at the end of the post, as either would work well here.


Once this piece was adhered to the inside of the card, I added a banner with a gold heat embossed greeting, made up from two sentiments in the Once Upon a Time stamp set.

To finish the card, I added some sequins and hearts above the princess and the pony.



I gave this card to my niece last weekend. She was so excited to open the card and find the rainbow inside.

Have a lovely day.
Gemma

 MFT Pop-Up Wide
MFT Pop Up Wide

LF Everyday Pop Ups

MFT Ink Cube Set 3
Lawn Fawn Puffy Clouds

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Your colouring is gorgeous as always, and I love the delicate shades of the sky - a perfect touch. What a super idea for a pop-up too! I'm not surprised your niece loved this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely Scene with the princess :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team