Tuesday 24 January 2017

Cute Fruit and Glitter Embossing

Hello, Gemma here with a cute fruit card to share with you.


I began by stamping the pear and orange stamps from the Paper Smooches Cute Fruit stamp set. I wanted some texture to the fruit, so I wasn't concerned about getting perfect stamping. I used the MFT mini ink cubes, leaving some of the stamp clear for a highlight and adding dimension by stamping a second time with darker ink around the edges. I added the face stamps in black ink.

I wanted to add some sparkle to the fruit. To do this, I stamped over both fruit images again, this time using Versamark ink. I added clear glitter embossing powder and heat set it. This gives a lovely sparkly gloss look to the fruit.

I also stamped stalks and leaves, but didn't add any embossing to these. I cut out everything, glued on the stalks and leaves, then set them aside whilst I worked on the rest of the card.

I used one of the dies from the MFT Stitched Scallop Basic Edges, to cut down a piece of A6 white card. These are currently out of stock but I've linked to some great alternatives at the end of the post.

I arranged the fruit on the card to help me work out where the arms should go, then stamped these in MFT Kraft dye ink. I added the fruit images with foam tape. 

Once I had added the orange, I realised that the arms were a little further out than I wanted and there were gaps. I grabbed an alcohol marker and drew in the tops of the arms - problem solved! 



I added the white panel to a Kraft card base, then finished the card with a stamped greeting from the cute fruits stamp set.

Thanks for joining me today.
Gemma

PS Cute Fruit
MFT Stitched Basic Edges
MFT Stitched Scallop Edges 2






11 comments:

  1. Adorable! The fruits are so cute... love the scallop edge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The fruit looks awesome with the clear glitter on. And in a strange way resembles me and my boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love that they remind you of you and your boyfriend :)

      Delete
  3. Love the texture effect of the fruit, great card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The glitter embossing adds nice detail

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team